Macrame may have made itself more known in the 1960s and 1970 but it is much older than that. Around for many centuries, it has had its different times when it was more popular, and times when it was less. It is recently seen a resurgence and it has moved away from just being something bohemian and crafty, and more recognized as it should be, as a very skillful form of artwork. More homes have a macrame wall hanging Australia, but hangings are not the only option you have.
That is why it is such an interesting thing to have in your home. It can be subtle and small, or larger, it can be a piece of art to look at, or it might have a function in your home. Here are 10 ways you can add macrame to your living space whether you want something bold or something as an accent.
Macrame adds something special!
1. Macramé planter – You could have some real plants hanging in a window where it can get the sun, or in a corner adding some lovely greenery and colour as well as adding some interest in the hanger itself. Or you could use them to hang some real-looking fake plants!
2. Macramé wall hanging – A macrame wall hanging Australia could make a real statement in your front room. It is something people will notice and its more 3D nature makes it more of a statement than a flat piece of artwork. You can find some amazing designs and patterns.
3. Macramé mason jar candle holder – Whether you like to light some candles at night to create a more intimate ambiance, or you have them outside on the deck in the evening to add to the mood, adding macrame holders to the mason jars lit with candles is an additional layer of attention to detail.
4. Macramé coasters – Why have the boring coasters you got from a home store when you could use needing a coaster for your cup of tea as a reason to add more fun to your home? Have a few around so visitors can use them too.
5. Macramé chair – Yes you can even get furniture made from it! Find a nice old wooden chair that has a seat that is made from macrame knotting.
6. Macramé headboard and pillows – You can add a touch of macrame in any room including the bedroom. From a macrame hanging to having pillow covers and a headboard cover that is macrame. Add some whimsy and softness to the room.
7. Macramé table runner – Table runners are not as common as they once were but if you have a separate dining room with a dining table having a runner along the middle where you can put a vase or such is great for formal entertaining.
8. Macramé Shelf and bathroom basket – Use them to display knickknacks or photos, or for a more practical purpose.
9. Macramé curtains – Could be used in any room of the house, though if you are looking for something romantic for the bedroom give macrame curtains a try!
10. Macramé garland – This kind of macrame hanging could go up any time of the year, but is especially something you might want to turn into a new Christmas tradition!