Many people choose to have split air conditioning installed to keep their homes and places of work cool and comfortable to those living and working there. There are a few benefits to having split air conditioning but probably top of many people’s list is that it is more cost-effective, costs less to maintain, is easy to install, quiet when it runs and can be made to look attractive if needed. When you are looking for an affordable split system installation Perth be sure to find a company that has the experience and can help you make the best choice. But once it is in, how does it work and how should you look after it? Here is a closer look at just that.
What is a split system air conditioner?
It is pretty simple, the condenser is separate from the indoor unit so the unit is split hence the name. You have one unit or more sitting in the room and then the compressor is on the outside in a convenient place to the owner of the building. It might go on the ground or it can be hung on the walls. Different models and manufacturers put in different features and you can move from something basic to something more complex that handles multiple units. The size of the split system you choose depends on the size of the room and how many rooms. In general, most homes have one unit per room.
How do they work?
An affordable split system installation Perth ensures that a copper connecting pipe and electrical wiring connects the indoor unit to the outdoor unit. From the compressor and condenser coil comes the gas refrigerant to the inside unit. The fan on the inside unit then sends the air into the room over the evaporator coil which cools it and controls on the unit dictate your temperature control. This means with split air systems you can have one room in the home cooler and another warmer depending on different needs.
Looking after your split air conditioner
There are many advantages to looking after your air conditioning system. While you live there it keeps it running efficiently and saves you money for repairs. Should you one day decide to get a rent appraisal done and rent out the place, a working air conditioning system in good repair is something renters will look for.
1. Clean the filters – It is essential you keep the filters clean and they do get dirty quickly so some regular cleaning should be done. These systems do have filters that are washable.
2. Look after the fans – When there is too much dirt the fans can break down, they can also become loose over time. Clean them now and then and tighten any loose blades. Make sure it is dry before turning back on.
3. Keep the compressor clean – The compressor needs to be clean for it to run smoothly. You can use an oil for compressors on it.
4. Look after the evaporator – If you want the air to be cool, you need the evaporator coils to be in good condition. When they age, consider replacing them.
5. Clean out the air ducts – The ducts are how the system ensures the cool air circulates the room but they do collect a lot of dust so give them a wipe now and then.
6. Check the refrigerant level – Refrigerant should be kept at a certain level, when it comes down it can lead to issues. Make sure they are the right levels and call in your repair service if there is a leak or clog in the line.
When you look after your investment you will see lower electricity bills, more efficient air conditioning and less money being spent on repairs and replacements. It will look more appealing too in any rent appraisal you have done.